- Join an established team
- Career Development
- Australian owned company with a strong passion for technology
Unico is an Australian IT service company driven by the brightest minds of handpicked specialists in technology and innovation. Established in 1984, Unico is privately owned, with a multidisciplinary team of 250 technology and business professionals. We are driven by Integrity, Passion and Intellect. This is our DNA. It defines everything we do.
The Scrum Master responsibilities of the role include acting as a servant leader and coach for the Scrum team; educating the team in Scrum and ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed; removing impediments; and fostering an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
The Business Analyst responsibilities of the role include collaborating with stakeholders to elicit and document system requirements for the team at a user story level; and working closely with developers and testers to help the team deliver on these requirements.
- Working closely with Solution Architects to communicate changes and understand system impacts
- Collaborating with delivery team to define user story acceptance criteria
- Maintaining a product backlog for the team
- Collaborating with stakeholders to prioritise and groom the backlog
- Participating in demos where required
- Acting as a servant leader and coach for a Scrum delivery team
- Educating the team in Scrum and ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed
- Helping the team to identify when commitments are at risk and to determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met
- Ensures the team follows agreed agile processes while fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Managing the sprint backlog and facilitating Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
- Experience working as a Business Analyst or Product Manager
- Experience working as a Scrum Master
- Experience dealing with complex IT business domains and stakeholders
Experience in SAFe would be an added bonus, it's an area we are training people in so if you have the drive to learn then this is the job for you!
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coach and mentor team and stakeholders in Scrum
- Experience working with regulatory, certification and compliance programs
- Knowledge of SAFe Framework
- Experience with team collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Experience with server-based and cloud-based applications
- Bachelor degree in an IT related discipline
- Scrum Master Certification
Unico offers a great blend of professional development, financial and non-financial rewards, and a positive supportive work culture.
- Culture of continuous learning and development with space to grow professionally
- Great working environment with modern equipment
- Free yearly travel card
- On-site gym/fitness classes
- Subsidised on-site osteopath
- Open and friendly culture with perks and Friday food and drinks
- Free cafe quality coffee
- Great location - close to Albert Park, Fawkner Park, Melbourne Aquatic Centre, St Kilda Rd public transport, the Botanical Gardens and CBD
- Work-life Balance
If you think you have the necessary skills to excel in this role please forward your application and resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
(Please note that contact will only be made with suitably qualified candidates)