- Australian owned company with a strong passion for technology
- Greenfield Projects
- Consultative, customer facing
It's undeniable that Unico has created and built some amazing pieces of unbreakable technology over the last 36 years and as a result, we are fortunate enough to see another iteration of growth and evolution on the horizon. With that change, a creative and exciting opportunity has presented itself within the Solution Design team.
We are looking for a passionate Solutions Architect to make an impact from day one while acquiring skills that will serve you well for rest of your career. You'll be working on a greenfield project so we need someone with innovation at the forefront of their mind.
Your main activities will include but won't be limited to:
- Collaborating with customers, Product Owners, Sales and Delivery to help create elegant and intelligent solutions.
- Transform complex or ambiguous problems into simple and pragmatic requirements
- Facilitate design-thinking workshops and activities
- Find the right problem to tackle, explore ideas for how to solve it and then refine it into a coherent solution
- Carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, design, and collaboration to create a great solution design
- Own and lead design problems from ideation to launch and beyond
- Provide detailed application solutions across multiple complex business functions and technology stacks.
- Analyse requirements and provide the functional and technical design of products, and services to all areas of client projects and initiatives.
- Provide accurate and timely technology cost and effort estimations for input into business cases, options analyses, and planning.
- Big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important
Does this sound like you?:
- Experience working as a Solutions Architect, or Solutions Designer
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking
- Self-starter, with your head in defining user centred problems
- Experience creating clear problem statements and writing hypotheses that get to the core of a user problem
- Solid understanding of the techniques required to develop customer empathy, and validate concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative workplace; partnering with engineers, product owners and other disciplines throughout the company
- You are a problem solver that's excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room (in person or virtually) and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions
- Experience architecting and designing mission-critical, large-scale solutions demonstrating how you approached and solved business problems from engagement through to design
- Experience with design and architecture of digital solutions
- Customer facing including managing customer resources
- Passion and interest in technology, we love what we do, and we want you to too.
If Unicorns do exist, you will have experience in this too!
- Microsoft Azure experience, e.g. Web Service applications, Functions, Logic Apps
- Experience/knowledge of Power Automate (MS Flow), PowerPlatform
- Experience with AWS, microservices architecture, decoupled systems
Unico offers a great blend of professional development, financial and non-financial rewards, and a positive supportive work culture.
- Excellent infrastructure to support working from home, securely and comfortably.
- Culture of continuous learning and development with space to grow professionally
- Great working environment with modern equipment
- Free yearly travel card- when you come to the office
- On-site and virtual gym/fitness classes
- Fortnightly company standups to keep you informed and connected to the wider Unico family
- Open and friendly culture with perks and Friday food and drinks
- Free cafe quality coffee
- Great location - close to Albert Park, Fawkner Park, Melbourne Aquatic Centre, St Kilda Rd public transport, the Botanical Gardens and CBD
- Work-life Balance
- USpark: enables you to innovate and express new ideas
Think it's time to further your career at Unico? We were hoping you would say that! Please forward your application and resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
"Unico welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. We provide an inclusive work environment and embrace the diverse talent of our people."
(Please note that contact will only be made with suitably qualified candidates)