- Launch your career in IT
- Australian owned business
- Exciting and diverse projects
It's undeniable that Unico has created and built some amazing pieces of unbreakable technology over the last 36 years and as a result, we are fortunate enough to see another iteration of growth and evolution on the horizon. With that change, a creative and exciting opportunity has presented itself within our QA Team.
We are looking for a energetic and enthusiastic QA Engineer to grow with us. With so many interesting and varying projects being signed, you will not be at a loss for work and will be required from day one!
Your main activities will include but won't be limited to:
- Perform Test analysis to understand requirements and identify test risks
- Review requirements (static analysis) to identify issues in requirements
- Perform Test design in their area of concern, following the unico test design strategy
- Participate in writing and reviewing Acceptance tests for requirements
- Develop tests for applications and systems, tracing back to requirements where possible
- Execute or Perform tests, such as Manual Tests, Automated or Scripted Tests, including Exploratory tests to supplement more structured (specification based) testing approaches
- Perform non-functional testing at the feature level (as opposed to the system as a whole), including performance, scalability, accessibility, portability and usability testing
- Report defects and liaise with developers and PMO to reproduce or escalate where required
To be suitably equipped to shine, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience with testing software - Write/Review Tests, Test Analysis, Design, Test Execution
- Commercial experience with API Testing
- Demonstrated skills in Automation testing, specifically using Selenium and creating frameworks.
- Experience and participation in Agile teams
- Proven ability to effectively carry out functional and regression testing of telecommunications software predominantly on a Unix (Solaris) platform.
- Experience with issue Tracking Tools - JIRA
We also like people who have pursued further study:
- Bachelor degree in an IT discipline
- ISTQB Foundation Certification (or ISEB equivalent)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certification (or ISEB equivalent)
- ISTQB Agile Test Extension Certification
- Master's degree in an IT related discipline
Aside from an awesome career, what else do we provide at Unico?
- Excellent infrastructure to support working from home, securely and comfortably as we work remotely.
- Culture of continuous learning and development with tools and space to you to grow professionally.
- Great working environment with modern equipment - when you are onsite.
- On-site and virtual gyms you are informed on whats happening at Unico.
- Monthly company catered lunches to keep you connected with your colleagues socially.
- Coffee machine on-site to unleash your inner barista skills.
- Sensational office location with a breathtaking view of Albert Park Lake.
- Work-life Balance - flex your day to fit within your life.
- uSpark Innovation hub: enables you to innovate and express new ideas.
Please forward your application and resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
"Unico welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people living with a disability. We provide an inclusive work environment and embrace the diverse talent of our people."
(Please note that contact will only be made with suitably qualified candidates)